Southern Girl

Monday, July 26, 2010

Quick & Easy

SIZZLIN CHICKEN & VEGGI SKILLET

What You Need: 4 small boneless/skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 C Kraft italian dressing and marinade,
1 Zucchini, chopped
1/2 C red onion chopped
cherry tomatoes halved or garden tomatoes chopped
1 cup snow peas
grated parmesan cheese

Make It: Heat skillet with Olive oil. Add chicken; cover cook 8-10 min on each side or until done and browned. Transfer to platter and keep warm.
Add dressing, zucchini,onions. cook for 4 min or until veggies are crisp and tender. stir in tomatoes and snow peas. cook until heated through.
TOP chicken with veggie's and sprinkle cheese

Mindi's recipe: If I tweaked a recipe a little I will do both recipes. I don't always have everything on hand, so I figure out things I do have that can be substituted.
I took out the snow peas, because I never have those on hand. I also substituted the cherry tomatoes for canned diced tomatoes. I also added a yellow squash. I think I doubled the dressing as well, since I had added more veggie's then the recipe said. Everything else was the same.

STUFFED BEEF SANDWICHES


This is a simple meal that will feed a lot of people if you need it to, or just your family.
WHAT YOU NEED: 1lb hamburger, 1/2-1 onion (chopped), 1 green pepper (chopped), olives, canned mushrooms, 1 8oz cream cheese, grated mozzerella cheese

MAKE IT: Brown Hamburger, onion and pepper together. Drain grease. Add olives, mushrooms and whatever else you like. add cream cheese and stir until melted and mixed with hamburger mix. Top with Mozzerella cheese. Serve on Homemade buns or rolls.
Hint: You need 1 8oz cream cheese for every lb of hamburger. Also you can omit the mushrooms or add other things you like. My husband hates mushrooms so I never get to add them. Also to make it less fattening, do extra lean ground beef and fat free cream cheese.

EASY SANDWICH WRAPS



WHAT YOU NEED: Tortillas or wraps, Flavored cream cheese (I like Chive and onion, or Garden Vegetable, Turkey, Ham, or whatever meat you like. Your favorite cheese, lettuce, tomatoes.

HOW TO MAKE: Spread cream cheese on tortilla or wrap, add meat, cheese, and other favorite toppings. Roll-up and cut in 1/2. Simple and easy

My son is picky, but he loves these. We use flour tortillas for him, but me and my hubby like the flavored wraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment